- Fewer people than they expected attended
- 500 tickets were available and 250 were given out at various businesses in Battleford
- The Spirit Committee went to an indoor event because last year it was bitterly cold during the Lights of Joy and not many people attended. This year the weather was beautiful.
- Families who attended looked like they had a really fun time
- Businesses were happy to donate to the lights and to the free draws
- Everything was free including glow lights for the youngsters, draw prizes, candy canes and the event itself (except for the canteen where the scouts sold hot dogs to raise funds for their organization).
- Donations were accepted for the Food Bank.