THE BATTLEFORDS — Battlefords RCMP responded to 608 calls for service between Wednesday, Oct. 5 and Tuesday, Oct. 11.
Seven persons reported missing
Five investigations remain active.
30 assault investigations.
• At 7:15 a.m. Oct. 7, a man was confronted at a business while attempting to steal merchandise on 100th Street in North Battleford. There was a brief struggle before the suspect fled. He was located and apprehended by police after attempting to flee on a bicycle and found to be in possession of a hatchet, as well as recovering the stolen property. The 26-year-old appeared in court Oct. 11 charged with assault, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, theft, breach of probation and resisting arrest.
• Call to a residence north of Cochin at 11:30 p.m. Oct. 9, reporting a man on conditions not to be at the noted residence had assaulted the occupant who fled the residence to call police. The suspect was located in the residence and arrested. A 30-year-old man appeared in court on Oct. 11 charged with assault and failing to comply with a release order.
• At 8:40 p.m. on Oct. 6, police called to a business on Territorial Drive in North Battleford. A woman had earlier stolen merchandise and had returned to throw rocks at one of the employee’s vehicles. The suspect was located hiding in a restroom in the business and became violent when arrested, striking one of the arresting officers in the face before being taken into custody. The 27-year-old was held in custody and appeared in court on Oct. 7 charged with assault with a weapon, resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer, mischief, theft and breach of probation.
• Police called to a residence on 25th Street in Battleford for a report of a possible assault shortly after 8 a.m. Oct. 6. A male suspect was taken into custody after an investigation alleged he had assaulted a woman in the home during an argument. He was reported to have held a knife to the victim’s throat at one point before discarding the weapon. The victim was not injured. The 23-year-old is charged with assault with a weapon and breach of probation and made his first appearance in court Oct. 7.
• A 51-year-old man was reported to be found on the 1100 block of 101st Street in North Battleford suffering a stab wound to the arm at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 7. The victim was located and transported to hospital for treatment. A suspect was identified and arrested without incident a short time later. A 28-year-old man was remanded into custody on charges of aggravated assault, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose and breach of probation. His first appearance was Oct. 11,
• Battlefords RCMP are investigating a complaint of a robbery with a firearm which was reported at about 11 p.m. Oct. 9. Two people exiting a business on Railway Avenue East in North Battleford were approached by male and female suspects while in the parking lot. The man was reported to have left his shirt to reveal what was believed to be gun tucked into his waistband and demanded the keys to the vehicle the victims had arrived in. The victims were not injured during the incident. The suspect fled with the vehicle which was recovered in Saskatoon Oct. 11.
• A 28-year-old woman was arrested after she was reported to have committed a robbery at knifepoint on the 2000 block of 101st Street in North Battleford. The victim had driven the suspect to that location before the altercation, then the suspect fled into a residence on the street. Police located the suspect and found her to be inside her own residence. She was arrested after several minutes after exiting the home on her own and the suspect stolen cash was recovered. Shaina Bird was held in custody and made her first appearance on October 7th charged with Robbery with a Weapon.
• Police called to a business in Denholm at 8:45 p.m. Oct. 11. An employee interrupted a theft in progress and the suspect was reported to have assaulted the employee with suspected bear mace. The matter remains under investigation, a suspect has since been identified and charges are currently pending for assault with a weapon and theft.
11 break and enter investigations
• Break and Enter to a rural property on Highway 29 reported on the morning of Oct. 5. A riding mower and Stirling 2021 black utility trailer reported stolen.
• Residential break-in on the 1000 block of 105th Street in North Battleford on the morning of Oct. 5. Clothing and some electronics reported stolen.
Six vehicle thefts
12 mental health investigations
11 traffic collisions
Two individuals charged with impaired driving
74 various traffic charges
84 disturbance calls
26 other reported thefts
18 mischief investigations
Battleford RCMP are investigating two separate incidents of a firearm being discharged towards a home on the 2400 block of 100th Street in North Battleford. The first incident shortly before midnight on Oct. 8 and the second at 1:15 a.m. on Oct. 11. No injuries reported, but several rounds were confirmed to have struck the home.
Anyone with information on any incident is urged to call the North Battleford RCMP at (306)446-1720 or Saskatchewan Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).