BATTLEFORDS — Battlefords RCMP responded to 614 calls for service between Sept. 28 and Oct. 4.
13 missing persons reported
Four active investigations.
35 assault investigations.
• Call received at 5 p.m. on Sept. 28 of an assault and threats at a residence on the 900 block of 110th Street in North Battleford. The victim reported being assaulted and threatened and having her vehicle stolen after the altercation with a man known to her. The victim was not injured. The suspect was located and arrested Oct. 2 and the stolen vehicle recovered. The accused faces charges of assault, uttering threats, theft of a vehicle and mischief.
• Multiple calls received of a fight in progress near King Hill in North Battleford at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 30. Both persons involved located on scene. The subjects were known to each other. One victim had minor facial injuries. A 42-year-old woman was arrested on scene and is facing one count of assault. Her first scheduled appearance is Oct. 5.
• Police were called to a residence on the 200 block of 28th Street in Battleford at 1 p.m. Oct. 4, for a report of arguing heard at a residence. Upon arrival police located a woman in her 30s with visible injuries. A suspect known to the victim was identified. The suspect was located a couple hours later at another location and arrested without incident. He faces charges of assault and mischief. He is held in custody and is making his first appearance in court Oct. 5.
• At 10:30 a.m. Sept. 30 police were called to a residence on the 1100 block of 104th Street in North Battleford on a report of a man trying to kick in the door to a residence. The suspect was located at the scene and fought the member on scene when he was arrested, and attempted to flee on foot but was apprehended after a brief foot pursuit. The 20-year-old man is facing charges of assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest. His first appearance is scheduled for Nov. 14.
• At 3 a.m. Sept. 28 on the Highway 16 Bypass in North Battleford, victim reported being approached by a man known to her. Then man attempted to assault her with bear mace while she was in her vehicle, but she avoided being struck. Police located the suspect on scene and he was taken into custody for outstanding warrants as well as for this incident. He is charged with assault with a weapon, assault, uttering threats and possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.
• A 16-year-old was arrested after a report at 4 p.m. on Sept. 28 on the 1000 block of 107th Street in North Battleford of an altercation between two persons. The youth was reported to have produced a knife. The suspect fled when police arrived, but was quickly apprehended and arrested. The incident was related to an earlier reported incident on Highway 4 south of Battleford of a man suffering a stab wound. The male victim sustained a non-life-threatening injury in the earlier incident but was not injured again during the second encounter. The youth is facing charges of assault with a weapon, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose and resisting arrest.
• Call of an assault in progress at a residence on the 800 block of 99th Street in North Battleford at 8:40 p.m. Oct. 1. A woman in her 20s was located with injuries sustained in the altercation and was taken to hospital for treatment for non-life-threatening injuries. A 28-year-old man was arrested on scene and is facing charges of assault with a weapon and uttering threats. The accused was also transported to hospital for treatment for injuries sustained to one of his arms. The investigation is still ongoing.
• 911 call at 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 1 from a residence in Cochin reporting an assault. Upon arrival the victim reported she was assaulted and not allowed to leave a residence for several hours by a man known to her. The suspect fled when he learned she was able to make a call to police. The accused was located later the same day at another residence and arrested without incident. A 42-year-old man is charged with assault and forcible confinement. His next appearance in court is scheduled for Oct. 20.
• Police are investigating an attempted robbery reported shortly after 9:30 p.m. Oct. 3. The victim reports sitting in his vehicle on the 1300 block of 95th Street in North Battleford he was approached by three suspects driving a white F150 truck. The suspects demanded money. The victim was struck in the face with bear spray before the suspects fled without attaining anything from the victim.
12 break and enter investigations
• Break and enter reported to a business on the 800 block of 106th Street in North Battleford at 4 a.m. Oct. 3. Two suspects were located a few blocks away by police. After further investigation, one of the suspects was arrested in connection with this incident. A 35-year-old woman is charged with break and enter and was released from custody. The second suspect was released without charges. The incident remains under investigation.
• Break and enter to a business shortly on the 1900 block of 100th Street in North Battleford shortly after 5 a.m. on Oct. 3. Items removed include a PIN pad machine.
• A suspect reported to be wearing a white sweater and showing signs of being under the influence broke into a commercial building on the 1500 block of 100th Street in North Battleford at approximately 730 p.m. on Oct. 3. The suspect caused significant damage inside the business before fleeing. There did not appear to be any intent to steal anything.
• A complainant reported returning home shortly after 3 p.m. on Oct. 1st to a residence on 104th Street in North Battleford. The complainant found a man inside the house who chased the complainant from the residence. The man was located nearby by police and attempted to flee on foot but was apprehended after a brief pursuit. H appeared in court Oct. 3 facing charges of break and enter and resisting arrest.
• A 27-year-old man and a 13-yea-old youth were arrested after a report of a break and enter to a vacant residence on 29th Street in Battleford at 10:30 p.m. Oct. 4. Charges are currently pending against the suspects, and the matter remains under investigation.
Five vehicle thefts
12 mental health investigations
Nine traffic collisions
Four individuals charged with impaired driving.
64 various traffic charges.
105 disturbance calls
26 other reported thefts
23 mischief investigations
Anyone with information on any incident is urged to call the North Battleford RCMP at 306-446-1720 or Saskatchewan Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).