SASKATCHEWAN — Environment Canada has taken its cold warnings down for all but a few areas in Saskatchewan.
Still under warnings are:
- The Uranium City - Camsell Portage area;
- the Cree Lake - Key Lake area;
- the Fond-du-Lac - Stony Rapids area;
- the Pelican Narrows - Cumberland House - Creighton area;
- the Southend - Brabant Lake – Kinoosao area;
- the Wollaston Lake - Collins Bay area.
Environment Canada says extremely cold wind chill values near -45 will continue.
These wind chills will moderate by Thursday afternoon.
Extreme cold puts everyone at risk.
Watch for cold-related symptoms: shortness of breath, chest pain, muscle pain and weakness, numbness and colour change in fingers and toes.
Cover up. Frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with wind chill.
If it's too cold for you to stay outside, it's too cold for your pet to stay outside.