THE BATTLEFORDS — Battlefords RCMP responded to 423 calls for service Wednesday, Dec. 29, 2021 through Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022.
* Eight missing persons reported. One investigation is active.
- Isaac Threefingers, 16, reported missing shortly after 10 p.m. on Jan. 3. Last seen wearing all black. He stands about 5’9”, with short black hair.
* 17 assault investigations.
- Report of an assault at a business on the 1100 block of 100th Street in North Battleford at 6:23 p.m. on Jan. 4. Two female suspects witnessed attempting to steal merchandise and when confronted by an employee of the business, one suspect assaulted the employee before both fled. One suspect reported to have left the scene in a red truck with a silver toolbox in the back, the second left in a white sedan. The victim sustained a minor head injury which did not require medical attention. Matter still under investigation.
- 47-year-old male arrested and charged with one count of assault with a weapon after a call of a disturbance at a residence on the Saulteaux First Nation on Dec. 30 at 10:45 a.m. Male was reported to have thrown a pot at the victim. Victim did not sustain any injuries. The accused has been released from custody and is scheduled to make his first appearance in Provincial Court on Feb. 7.
* Five break and enter investigations.
- Break and enter to a storage shed at a rural location in the RM of North Battleford shortly after 2 a.m. on Dec. 29. Suspect fled scene in a red pickup truck after causing damage to the structure and suspected of stealing some tools and ammunition.
- A compound on Gagne Avenue in North Battleford broken into, reported at 9 p.m. on Jan. 4. A stolen Chevrolet 1500 was recovered at the scene. Suspects are reported to have stolen a 1995 Green Chevrolet K/V 10/1500 with Saskatchewan licence 927IWB from the site.
- Break in to a business on the 1200 block of 100th Street in North Battleford some time on the evening of Jan. 1 or early morning of Jan. 2. Collector coins reported taken.
* 14 vehicle thefts.
- Black home build utility trailer with Saskatchewan licence 031LUF reported stolen from the 2600 block of 100th Street in North Battleford on Dec. 30 some time between 5:45 a.m. And 2:30 p.m.
- White 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 reported stolen from the 200 block of 33rd Street in Battleford some time in the early morning hours of Dec. 30.
- 22 year old male arrested and charged with possession of stolen property after recovery of a stolen vehicle on the 1200 block of 107th Street in North Battleford. Accused released, scheduled to make his first appearance in North Battleford Provincial Court on Jan. 24.
- Red 1995 GMC K/V 3500 diesel with Saskatchewan licence 228LKB reported stolen in the early morning hours of Dec. 31 from the 1200 block of 110th Street in North Battleford.
- Blue 1993 Chevrolet 1500 with Saskatchewan licence 324LPX reported stolen on early morning hours of Jan. 4 from the 1800 block of 102nd Street in North Battleford.
* 14 Mental Health investigations.
* 13 traffic collisions.
* Two individuals charged with impaired driving.
- A 50 year old woman was arrested and is facing charges of impaired driving and driving while over .08 after the vehicle she was operating struck a parked vehicle on the 1400 block of 109th Street in North Battleford shortly after 6 a.m. on Jan. 1. Her first appearance in Provincial Court is scheduled for Feb. 28.
- Shortly after 4:30 a.m. on Jan. 3, police attempted a vehicle stop on 110th Street in North Battleford but the vehicle in question fled. The vehicle a short time later was found having hit the ditch on Forest Hall Road. The driver attempted to flee from member on foot but was arrested a short distance away. He has been charged with impaired driving, refusing to provide a breath sample, flight from police, identity fraud, resisting arrest and was also found to be in violation of his parole. He was remanded into custody and made his first appearance on Jan. 4 in Provincial Court.
* 18 various traffic charges.
Anyone with information on any incident is urged to call the Battlefords RCMP at 306-446-1720 or Saskatchewan Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).