SASKATOON — Barbecue briquettes that were not properly extinguished caused the Friday morning structure fire at 202 Kirkpatrick Crescent. Damage to the house is estimated to be $200,000.
The Saskatoon Fire Department at 8:50 a.m. on Friday received multiple 911 reports of a structure fire in the 200 block of Kirkpatrick Crescent.
The SFD dispatched three engines, one ladder truck, a rescue unit and the battalion chief to the scene.
First arriving crews saw fire and smoke showing in a house with an attached garage, and began attacking with multiple large lines to knock the fire down.
There was significant fire damage to the house including the loss of the roof structure. There were no injuries as a result of this fire.
The preliminary indication is that the fire started on the house's exterior and spread to the whole structure. The incident is still under investigation.