Skip to content

Fire destroys home in Ebenezer

Fundraising efforts underway to help family involved.

EBENEZER – Fire destroyed a home in the village of Ebenezer during the early morning hours of Dec. 28.

"We got a phone call around 2:49 am for a residential fire in Ebenezer," said Ray Miller, Fire Chief of Ebenezer Fire and Rescue, adding the home was fully engulfed when the crew arrived on scene.

The residents had already evacuated the home and were hoping the crews could salvage their garage.

“Our main concern was to save that garage – which we did,” said Miller.

Miller said the crew performed fire control at the site from 3:00 am until 10:00 am.

“The guys from Yorkton [Fire Protective Services] came out — they were really good and helped us out — Rhien [Fire Department] was there,” said Miller.

The fire started in an insulated cat shelter which spread to the house, according to the Go Fund Me page for the people affected by the fire.

Other fundraising efforts are underway for the family including a steak night fundraiser to be held at Joe Beeverz on Feb. 2.