THE BATTLEFORDS — Battleford RCMP responded to 629 calls for service from Wednesday, Sept. 21 to Tuesday, Sept. 27.
16 missing persons reported
Five active investigations.
33 assault investigations
• Report of a robbery shortly before 1 p.m. Sept. 25. The victim arranged an online sale of property with an unknown male. The suspect changed the location for the exchange at the last moment to the area of 108th Street and 9th Avenue in North Battleford. When the victim arrived, he was approached by a lone male with a firearm, who stole a cellphone and cash from the victim before fleeing.
• A 33-year-old man will be appearing in court on Oct. 31 charged with one count of assault. The man was being attended to by emergency personnel after a report of an intoxicated man in some medical distress on Highway 40 west of Battleford shortly aft 3 a.m. on Sept. 24. The man became agitated and combative and police were called and arrested the subject without further incident. No injuries reported.
• Police responded to a 911 call on the 800 block of 112th Street in North Battleford shortly after 1 a.m. Sept. 25 indicating a possible assault in progress. Upon arrival, sounds of a struggle could be heard and members had to force entry to the residence. A 31-year-old man was arrested on scene and is facing one count of assault. The incident remains under investigation. No serious injuries reported.
• 911 call of an assault at a residence north of Cochin at 4:45 p.m. Sept. 27. A woman called reported being struck in the face by a suspect who is known to her. She was able to leave the residence and call police. The victim sustained minor injuries to her face. The suspect was located a short time later and arrested. The 30-year-old man remains in custody.
• Call at 7 pm on Sept. 21 of two intoxicated person who were not responsive near Don Ross Hill off Highway 16. The subjects were roused once members arrived. The 45-year-old man was arrested for public intoxication and taken into custody. The 26-year-old woman became combative and kicked one of the arresting officers in the chest before being taken into custody. She has since been released from custody and has been charged with one count of assaulting a police officer.
• 911 call to a residence on St Laurent Drive in North Battleford shortly after 2 a.m. on Sept. 27. Two occupants had a verbal argument that escalated until the suspect assaulted the victim, striking her in the head with a lemon squeezer. The victim had a visible injury but declined medical attention. A 20-year-old man was arrested and is facing charges of assault with a weapon and resisting arrest.
11 break and enter investigations
• Break and enter to an apartment building on 100th Street in North Battleford at about 5:30 a.m. Sept. 24. A male suspect targeted the mailboxes in the lobby.
• Break and enter reported to an apartment building on Killdeer Drive in North Battleford at about 4 a.m. Sept. 25. Suspect appears to have targeted the mailboxes in the lobby of the building.
• Call of a possible break and enter to a residence on the 900 block of 106th Street in North Battleford. Upon arrival a man was witnessed exiting the home carrying a TV, which he dropped and fled on foot when he saw members approaching the home. A female suspect was also located at the residence and arrested quickly. Them man was arrested a short time later after a brief foot pursuit. Samuel Takakenew, 38 and Juanita Blackstar, 24, were remanded into custody. Both charged with break and enter of a residence.
• Break and enter to a residence on the 200 block of 32nd Street in Battleford in the early morning hours of Sept. 26. Various tools reported missing as well as a spare tire.
• Break and enter to a garage on the 1300 block of 105th Street in North Battleford in the early morning hours of Sept. 16. An ice fishing tent and auger were reported missing.
Three vehicle thefts
21 mental health investigations.
Six traffic collisions.
Two individuals charged with impaired driving.
132 various traffic charges.
70 disturbance calls
• Several disturbance called received around 10:30 p.m. Sept. 22 on 33rd Street in Battleford. Report of yelling and possibly fighting happening. A 17-year-old youth was located and found to be in possession of a firearm. He was arrested and is facing charges that include possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, carrying a concealed weapon, unauthorized possession of a firearm and breach of probation.
25 other reported thefts
13 mischief investigations.
Anyone with information on any incident is urged to call the North Battleford RCMP at 306-446-1720 or Saskatchewan Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).