Fire crews were on the scene at a building fire in the 1600 block of 101st Street July 2 that started in a clothes dryer.
North Battleford Fire and Emergency Services responded to a single storey residence with smoke showing. The fire was limited to the contents of the clothes dryer.
The occupant of the home was awakened from sleep by the smoke and escaped without injury, phoning 911 from a neighbour's house.
Two fire apparatus and four personnel were on the scene for almost 40 minutes, as were WPD Ambulance and RCMP. The fire department disconnected the electric dryer, extinguished the contents of the dryer and removed the contents and ventilated the building to remove smoke. The occupant was allowed to reenter the residence a short time later.