Skip to content

Former gas station on Battleford flats burns

Building has served numerous purposes.

BATTLEFORD — The Battleford Fire Department was called out to a blaze early Sunday morning on the Flats where a building was fully engulfed.

Firefighters were wetting down nearby trees just before 8 a.m.

The building has been used for numerous purposes over the years and was most recently being used as a woodworking shop. 

It was originally a gas station and restaurant owned by Fred Light, benefactor of the Fred Light Museum. (See the photo)

It also served for a time in the 1980s as the newsroom for the Battleford Telegraph, a newspaper published by Bill Warwick of Turner-Warwick Printers.

More to come.

push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks