REGINA - It was an action-packed day of competition for Team Sask in the Niagara Region.
Baseball kicked off the day topping Team ON in a 5-4 win in their morning game, followed by another win against NS.
The Team Sask. skilled wrestlers dominated the mat and Hannah Ouellette (Saskatoon, SK) from para-swimming won Team Sask’s first medal of the Games.
PREVIOUS DAY HIGHLIGHTS:
- BASEBALL (M): Topped Team ON 5-4 in their morning game. They followed up it up with a win against NS in the evening game. Final score 15-7. Next game is today at 4:00 p.m.
- BASKETBALL: The women lost 60-72 in a tough game to Team AB. They currently sit second in Pool A. The men topped NB 77-74. They are one and one in Pool A.
- BEACH VOLLEYBALL: The women played hard, but Team MB ended up with the win. The men played well to top YT in the morning match but fell short against PE in the afternoon match. Both teams have the day off today.
- BOX LACROSSE (F): The women played hard but fell short in the end to Team NB 5-3. They play PE today in the qualification round.
- MOUNTAIN BIKE: Team Sask had the day off and will compete in relay today.
- RUGBY SEVENS: Team Sask played their hearts out in two very tough games. They lost to NS 15-10 and 26-5 to Team ON. They play in a consolation game this afternoon against Team MB.
- SOCCER (M): The men played a hard-fought game against Team ON. Despite their efforts they fell short 3-0. They have a rest day and will be back on the pitch Thursday.
- SOFTBALL (F): In a trilling game that started with a stolen run for Team Sask, the women’s blanked Team BC 2-0.
- SWIMMING, PARA SWIMMING, SPECIAL OLYMPICS: Para athlete Hannah Oullette won the first medal of the games for Team Sask! She won bronze in women’s 14-26 50m fly multi-class para (S1-7).
- TENNIS: It was a marathon of a day for tennis. Team Sask hit the court at 9:00 a.m. against MB and played into the afternoon, before their match against NS. The team currently sits on top of Pool A with 3 wins and 0 losses.
- TRIATHLON: Triathlon will be in action Thursday in the super sprint event.
- WRESTLING: Both teams have been dominating on the mat. Final score against NL 44-1 and 37-11 against NB for the women. The men ended up on top in the morning match against NS 33-11 and fell short against AB 42-10.