Skip to content

Estevan firefighters deal with carbon monoxide leak

Firefighters used special equipment to confirm CO readings in the building.
Estevan Fire Trucks

ESTEVAN - Estevan fire crews were called to a carbon monoxide alarm last week.

The emergency occurred on Sept. 13 in a building in northeast Estevan. Firefighters arrived on the scene, and, using special equipment, confirmed CO readings in the building. Crews worked with the building maintenance personnel, ventilated the contaminated area and called SaskEnergy to address the problem.

Once it was clear and safe, it was turned back over to the building maintenance person.

On Sept. 12, crews were also called to a residential fire alarm on the north side of Estevan. The dispatcher was able to get a hold of the homeowners and confirmed the fire department's assistance wasn't required, so crews were stood down.



push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks