Skip to content

Estevan firefighters help rescue a child stuck in furniture

Latest news from the Estevan fire department.
Estevan Fire Trucks

ESTEVAN — The Estevan Fire Rescue Service responded to several calls over the last week.

On Sept. 14 at about 1 a.m., fire crews were called to a building on the west side of Estevan, where a commercial fire alarm was going off. Firefighters checked out the building and didn't find anything abnormal. The keyholder arrived and they were able to reset the alarm panel and determine that there must have been an issue with the alarm system.

The next call for service came in Sept. 15 at about 8:30 a.m. Crews responded to a residential fire alarm triggered in a house in north-central Estevan. It appeared to be cooking related, and firefighters' assistance wasn't required.

On Sept. 16 at about 6:30 p.m., crews responded to a strange odour investigation, which came from the south side of the city. Firefighters attended to the scene in conjunction with SaskEnergy, as it could have been a gas leak, and inspected the area. SaskEnergy took over the investigation, and firefighters were dispatched to another address, where a young person was stuck in some furniture.

Upon arrival, they found a child stuck in a crib. Firefighters quickly rescued the child. No injuries occurred as a result of the accident.

On Sept. 17, firefighters were also out on standby at the Enduro race at the Estevan Motor Speedway.

push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks