Mark your calendars, Rider Nation, football returns to Mosaic Stadium on Friday, August 6th.
After confirming that the 2021 Season will go ahead as scheduled in August, the CFL has released its 14-game schedule that will culminate with the 108th Grey Cup at Tim Horton’s Field in Hamilton on December 12th.
The Saskatchewan Roughriders kick off their regular season at home against the B.C. Lions, which will be the start of three consecutive home games for the Green and White. To accommodate the varied pandemic recovery across the country, the schedule frontloads home games for the prairie-based teams that have seen their provinces open more rapidly than the teams located elsewhere in Canada.
“This year’s schedule is a bit unconventional, but we think it’s a win for Roughrider fans,” said Saskatchewan Roughriders Chief Brand Officer Anthony Partipilo. “We all know there is nothing better than cheering on our Green and White on a Saskatchewan summer day and this schedule gives us a large portion of our home games when the weather is warmest, as well as lots of matchups with divisional rivals.”
While some things will be different this year, two important traditions remain intact: the Winnipeg Blue Bombers will come to town for the annual Labour Day Classic on Sunday, September 5th at 4 p.m. and the following week, the Riders will go on the road to Winnipeg for the Labour Day Rematch.
The home schedule includes three Friday night games, three Saturday games and one Sunday game, with three family-friendly start times of 5 p.m. or earlier.
The Roughriders’ away schedule has them back at Mosaic Stadium just once between Weeks 10 and 16: November 5th at 7:45 p.m. against the Edmonton Elks. This will also be the last regular season home game of the year.
Having already reduced ticket prices in several sections in the stadium in 2020, the Club froze season ticket prices for 2021. It continues to offer its very popular multi-season ticket package, the MVP Plan, with exclusive benefits for joining this first time ever three-year program. MVP Plan holders receive an 18% discount off regular game day prices, a free Rider jersey with an exclusive MVP patch ($170 value), a $75.00 per seat discount off full price 2022 Grey Cup tickets, and one free regular season game in 2023! Accounts with four or more seats will receive an additional free jersey and patch.
Fans looking to purchase season tickets for 2021 or sign up for the MVP Plan can contact the Rider Ticket Office at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 30, 2021
Any information about a potential sale of single-game tickets would be announced at a later date and will be based on public health guidelines at the time. Further details on the game day experience and any health and safety protocols will also be communicated in the coming weeks.
ROUGHRIDER SCHEDULE NOTABLES:
- The home opener at Mosaic Stadium will be Friday, August 6th at 7:30 p.m. versus the B.C. Lions. The last time the Roughriders and Lions squared off in Week 1 was in 2009 when the Riders came out with a 28-24 victory.
- The Club will play three straight home games to start the season against the B.C. Lions, Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Ottawa REDBLACKS.
- The Riders’ bye weeks fall in Week 4 and Week 11.
- Get ready to stamp out the Stamps – the Green and White will play their West Division Rivals, three times in four weeks between October 2nd and October 23rd.
- The changes to scheduling means that the Club will not travel to Ottawa or Toronto this season and therefore will only face each of those teams once.
- The 56th annual Labour Day Classic will be played Sunday, September 5th at 4 p.m. The Riders have won 14 of the last 15 Labour Day matchups and hold a 37-18 advantage through the first 55 meetings.
- 2021 will be played without any pre-season games.