Canadian Western Agribition launched Canada's first and only national search for the most influential individuals in agriculture. Presented by FCC, the public campaign will celebrate the people who are leading, inspiring, and building agriculture across all sectors of the industry.
"Agriculture and agri-business is one of the fastest growing industries and one of the biggest economic drivers in the country," said CWA CEO, Chris Lane. "It is diverse, innovative, sustainable, and rooted in community. It only makes sense that we celebrate the people who are making it great."
The search opened on Nov. 17 with online nominations running until Dec. 31, 2020. Nominees will be considered in each of the following categories:
• Upstarts: The bold, young leaders of agriculture who are willing to speak up and try something completely new.
• Mentors: They have made Canadian agriculture what it is today and continue to share knowledge, expertise, and pave the way for a new generation.
• Innovators: Those on the leading edge of agricultural science, research, invention, and technology.
• Deal Makers: The movers-and-shakers, business owners, and entrepreneurs behind Canada's agri-business sectors that keep the industry growing.
• Designated Hitters: The people you see as keynote speakers, association leaders, or volunteers that are always the first to sign up and speak up in the name of Canadian agriculture.
A selection panel, made up of some the most recognizable and respected voices in Canadian agriculture, will have the difficult task of narrowing the field to the Top 50 finalists which will be unveiled to the country on "Canada's Ag Day", Feb. 23, 2021.
Farm Credit Canada (FCC), the country's leading agriculture lender, is the proud sponsor of the Top 50 in Canadian Agriculture program.
"This industry is loaded with bright, energetic, and innovative entrepreneurs who are following their dreams and blazing new trails in all aspects of agriculture," said Todd Klink, FCC Chief Marketing Officer. "I am confident there will be many influential people nominated for each category and I think the judges will be challenged to determine the award winners."
Nominations for the Top 50 in Canadian Agriculture are now open at www.agribition.com