Skip to content

UPDATE: EPS arrests one after incident in downtown Estevan

EPS says nobody was injured in the incident.
Estevan police on Fourth Street Nov 4
Police were at the scene of an incident Friday morning in Estevan.

ESTEVAN - One person remains in custody following an incident in Estevan Friday morning. 

In an update posted to the Estevan Police Service website Friday afternoon, the EPS says two males were taken into custody and one has subsequently been released without charges. The second male remains in custody while the investigation continues into allegations of uttering threats and firearms offences.

The identity of those involved is being withheld at this time, pending conclusion of the investigation and determination of associated charges under the Criminal Code. and the Mercury will have more information when it becomes available. 


According to Estevan Police Chief Rich Lowen, shortly after 8 a.m., the Estevan Police Service received a call regarding a male who was armed with a weapon inside a residence. Other emergency crews were called to assist.

"While we were setting up in the area, he came out of the building and was arrested on the sidewalk," said Lowen.

The weapon was located, but Lowen did not specify if the suspect was in possession of the weapon when he was arrested.

He was taken into custody without incident, and charges are pending. Lowen expects there will be an update with charges later on Friday. 

Lowen noted that the incident occurred in a residence, not a business, and nobody was injured in the incident. 

The 1200 blocks of Fourth Street and Fifth Street were closed at the time, but have since reopened. 



The Estevan Police Service is investigating what it calls a "serious incident" that has occurred in downtown Estevan.

The EPS said Friday morning on its Twitter feed that it was at the scene in the 1200-block of Fourth Street for the investigation. Armed officers were seen in the area. 

Members of the public are requested to stay clear of the area.

The EPS said a short time later that there was no threat to the public from the incident.

Click for more from Crime, Cops and Court.