Skip to content

Elevator Row on South Front Street Circa 1960

By 1962, Inter Ocean Elevator Company had constructed a 55,000 bushel capacity elevator pictured here to the far left. Saskatchewan Pool Elevator Company had purchased the Lake of the Woods elevator, and named their elevators "A" and "B".
GN201010100509940V2.jpg

By 1962, Inter Ocean Elevator Company had constructed a 55,000 bushel capacity elevator pictured here to the far left. Saskatchewan Pool Elevator Company had purchased the Lake of the Woods elevator, and named their elevators "A" and "B". In 1973, United Grain Growers built an elevator at #61 South Front Street. The Parrish and Heimbecker elevator was also located on the same row years before but was removed and a new one was constructed at #25 Seventh Avenue North in 1953.

The City of Yorkton Archives is looking for histories of Yorkton businesses.

Contact Terri Lefebvre Prince, Heritage Researcher, City of Yorkton, Box 400 37 Third Avenue North, Yorkton, Sask. S3N 2W3306-786-1722 [email protected]