Skip to content

Smoking material causes structure fire in Saskatoon

The fire was brought under control 22 minutes after the call was received.

SASKATOON — The Saskatoon Fire Department is again reminding the public to properly dispose of smoking materials after carelessness caused a garage fire on Tuesday, Nov. 29.

The SFD fire investigator concluded the structure fire in the 200 block of Avenue North was caused by careless disposal of smoking material.

The detached double garage was completely burned down with the damage estimated at $75,000. No injuries to civilians or firefighters were reported.

SFD dispatch received the call at 7:21 a.m. and sent three fire engines, one ladder truck, a rescue unit and the Battalion Chief to the scene of the fire.

Utility companies were also notified to shut down utilities for safety with the first arriving fire crew reporting the garage fully involved in the fire, which was brought under control at 7:43 a.m.

push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks