The City of North Battleford Fire Department will resume fire pit inspections immediately. With COVID-19 social distancing requirements being relaxed firefighters are now able to resume inspection of fire pits.
Residents can now easily purchase their fire pit permits from www.cityofnb.ca/paynow and selecting the “Fire Permit” option. Here are the steps to obtaining a fire pit permit.
- Purchase the fire pit permit from www.cityofnb.ca/paynow
- This can be done with a credit card or a debit VISA
- A receipt will be sent to the email address in the application – keep this receipt
- Call the Fire Hall at 306-445-1770 to arrange for the inspections
- Present the receipt to the firefighters at the inspections
Information relating to fire pits and general requirements to burning outdoors can be found under Section 9 of the Fire Prevention Bylaw #1829. https://cityofnb.ca/mrws/filedriver/1829_Fire_Prevention.pdf