Skip to content

Local News

Sentence handed down in domestic assault

A jail sentence has been handed down in a case of aggravated assault involving a common-law couple. Michael Lavallee was sentenced to 10 months in custody and another nine months probation in provincial court Wednesday in North Battleford.

City socks it to residents with fee hikes

North Battleford city council is ushering in 2011 with a number of proposed fee increases.

Two arrested, charged with vandalism

Humboldt was hit hard by some vandals last week, but RCMP believe they have the culprits in custody. Though two vandalism sprees took place in the first week of the new year, RCMP believe the same people were responsible for both.

Going back to the fountain

The town of Battleford took the first step towards reducing bottled water consumption when they officially declared March 10 as Bottled Water Free Day. The declaration was made during the Jan.
Schools dream big with small change

Schools dream big with small change

As the CUPlex travels the path from dream to reality, there has been many a headline lauding the latest big donation.

Big prize dished up

A lunch-break pastime dished up a $10,000 windfall for Stacey Charles when she won $10,000 on a Cool Cash lottery ticket. She was on her way for lunch when she noticed a sign advertising lottery tickets at Leask Cafeteria located on Main Street.

Heroes of mutual aid honoured

Ernie and Lena Hoeppner of Blaine Lake were selected as Mutual Aid Heroes by MAX Canada for 2010.
FCC supports seniors' centre renovations

FCC supports seniors' centre renovations

Farm Credit Canada (FCC) annually awards funds to rural community groups for community improvement projects. The Blaine Lake Senior Citizens' Centre was the recipient of $5,000 to be used towards the renovation of its facility.
Uneventful year for B'ford Fire Department

Uneventful year for B'ford Fire Department

Larry Gabruch, fire chief for the Town of Battleford, released the annual fire report for 2011 at town council Monday.

Second death

CO exposure at Villa leads to second death